The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s is a slightly more capable sequel to the standard Nubia Red Magic 6. It brings to the table a slightly more powerful processor and more RAM. The other offerings are basically the same, which basically leaves users with few reasons to make a purchase.
Where to Buy ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Key Specs & Features
- 6.8 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, (~387 PPI), 165Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, Redmagic 4.5
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888+ 5G (5 nm)
- 12GB / 16GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 8MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (under display, optical)
- 5G Network
- Pressure Sensitive Zones (450Hz touch-sensing)
- Built-in Cooling Fan
- Fast Charging (30W Capacity)
- Non-Removable 5050 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Consumers that are familiar with the design on the standard Red Magic 6 won’t find the Nubia Red Magic 6s chassis strange, as ZTE didn’t really make efforts towards a re-design.
What can be considered as a difference in design, are the colour options, the highlight is its apparent transparent rear covering, which isn’t an option on the former. However, both smartphones do have the eclipse black colour option.
As expected, you will also find a camera module on the rear, which is an array of three cameras. The Redmagic branding and mascots also live here.
Moving upfront, we have a 6.8-inch display based on an AMOLED panel. This display has noticeable bezels on the top and bottom which can be seen as a move to help users with ergonomics when playing games in landscape.
The other highlights of this display include a resolution of 1080 x 2400 Pixels, a 165 Hz refresh rate, and a screen density of approximately 387 PPI.
The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s bears the same gaming traits as its regular sibling. It features pressure-sensitive zones with 450Hz touch sensing, sliding trigger on the back, which means you don’t necessarily have to rely on the game controls on the screen.
Still, on the features of prospering mobile gaming, we have a built-in cooling fan to reduce the heat effect. We also have RGB lighting for some gamer aesthetics.
The Cameras on the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s are also a reminiscence of the Regular magic 6. Its the same cameras on the rear and upfront.
On the rear, its the same 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.0 and a 120˚ field of view. We also have a 2MP macro camera. video recording on this camera is capped at 8k @ 30fps.
On the selfie side, we have the same 8MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera records videos capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
As discussed in the introductory paragraph, the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s processor and RAM are the main differences between it and the regular Magic 6.
Here we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ 5G, as opposed to the standard Snapdragon 888 on the former. We also have 12GB / 16GB RAM variants as opposed to 8GB / 12GB on the former.
The other performance offerings are still the same. It’s the same Adreno 660 GPU, a non-removable 5050 mAh Li-Po battery alongside a 30W fast charge mechanism.
On the software side, we have the Red magic 4.5 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The ZTE Nubia red magic 6s features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a Type-C version 3.0 port with OTG support. We also have low-energy Bluetooth 5.1, NFC and Wifi / Hotspot.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Price and Availability
The price of the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s starts around $592 which translates to about 243,608 Naira in Nigeria, 3,573 GHC in Ghana and 65,120 KSH in Kenya.
The ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s was announced on September 6th 2021 and is expected to be released on the 27th of September 2021.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Specs
Here are a few specs of the ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s:
- Platform: Android 11, Redmagic 4.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888+ 5G (5 nm), Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 12GB / 16GB RAM
- Colours: Eclipse Black, Transparent
- Dimension: 169.9 x 77.2 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 215 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.8 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 20:9 ratio (~387 PPI), ~85.1% screen-to-body ratio, 165Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, PDAF (Wide) + 8 MP (Ultrawide) f/2.0, 120˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Camera, f/2.0, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, aptX, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 3.0, USB On-The-Go; accessory connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 5050 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 30W Fast Charging Capacity
The post ZTE Nubia Red Magic 6s Specs, Price and Best Deals appeared first on Nigeria Technology Guide.
Do you find Gistportal useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
No one has commented yet. Be the first!